Question regarding how Benelli factory sights the SuperNova (Tactical)

shotgunNoob

I just tried one of those laser bore sighting devices tonight and based on where the dot was hitting, my sights seem off by about 3" to 4" (windage) and roughly 2" (elevation). Now, I was only able to check this at an approximate range of 10 to 12 yards as I was in my home at the time. Based on the instructions, this bore sighting device is meant for range(s) of 15 to 100 yards. So that may have had something to do with the results. Either way, this leads me to the following question.

At what range are these SN tacticals factory sighted? Im thinking 25 or 50 yards using some form of rifled slug. Thoughts?

BTW- I have ghost ring sights, if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Edited by shotgunNoob

I seriously doubt that they give it much effort at the factory.

Probably just install the sights and box it up.

Bore sighters are also not intended to be a means of fine-tuning the sighting system on a weapon.

They merely get you close (on paper) so that the shooter can make adjustments from there.