What Sights for Supernova Tactical?

JosephF

Guest Snipe656

I have been wondering the same thing. I have seen a lot of people recommend the EGW rail. But not really noticed where someone has mentioned mounting anything on that and still being able to use the factory ghost ring sites.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday!

Have you installed the rail yet? After reading another thread that mentions that sometimes the mounting holes fail and strip, I was wondering if installing the rail is a job for a professional gunsmith.

I am also thinking that maybe its a good idea to mount only a straight rail for sights instead of something that holds shells as well. Any way, I still want a rail put on. The M4 looks like it comes with a rail in front of the ghost ring sights, maybe someone with a M4 can suggest something.

Guest Snipe656

From what I have read it seems like it is the rails with the shotgun shell holders that have some screw issues and seem to recall it being just one particular brand. I have not seen any complaints about the EGW one but does not mean it is without issues, could just be lack of feedback from people. I have yet to do anything to mine, just been collecting parts and sitting them in the Benelli box so far.

Snipe656,

What kind of parts have you collected?

As far as rail installation goes, It might be worth having a gunsmith redrill and tap the holes for screws with bigger threads if possible. I have also considered leaving things just as they are. The gun is pretty nice just stock.

Guest Snipe656

For x-mas I got myself a Briley 3 shot extended magazine with their dual picatinny rail on it as well as some night sights. I got that magazine with the intention of using it to mount a light, still undecided on which one and had toyed with the idea of putting a laser on there as well but that is more because the second rail is just tempting me to mount something else. I still need to decide on a sling for it, had planned to get one last week but just never got around to it.