Nova Shell Carrier

atovol

When I put shells into the magazine tube, the shell carrier remains locked in the up position. When I go to cycle the action it will eject a live shell from the tube out of the gun. I am having to load two shells, pull the action back half way to get the carrier to go back down and then cycle the action to load the round. Is this normal or am I missing something? Any help is appreciated, ejected two shells into the water this morning.

When I put shells into the magazine tube, the shell carrier remains locked in the up position. When I go to cycle the action it will eject a live shell from the tube out of the gun. I am having to load two shells, pull the action back half way to get the carrier to go back down and then cycle the action to load the round. Is this normal or am I missing something? Any help is appreciated, ejected two shells into the water this morning.

make sure the shell is in the mag tube all the way. There will be a slight ''click'' and if you turn the gun over, you can see the shell stop on the inter wall.

Okay. Thanks, it just may be something I have to get used to. What are the steps you take to load the gun.

1. close bolt
  2. load shell in chamber
  3. close bolt
  4. load x of shells amount into mag. tube
  5. gun loaded.

Your gun shouldn't no that. Your not loading the mag tube right( is don't think thats it) your your carrier is broke. try taking the gun apart and inspect the carrier.