need help on Franchi 720-good and bad reports

mlaroche

I trying to to make a decision between gas or recoil operated duck guns. I hate recoil and I hunt over decks. I been using an 870 in 20 ga. but I hate shucking shells. I'm sticking with a 20 ga. but want an auto. I've narrowed in down between the Franchi 720 or the M2. Need as much info anyone can give me on both. Thanks

Edited by mlaroche

I trying to to make a decision between gas or recoil operated duck guns. I hate recoil and I hunt over decks. I been using an 870 in 20 ga. but I hate shucking shells. I'm sticking with a 20 ga. but want an auto. I've narrowed in down between the Franchi 720 or the M2. Need as much info anyone can give me on both. Thanks

Iv'e heard 50/50 comments on Franchi.

9 July 09

mlaroche,

My brother owns both a 720 and a M2. He was wondering the same thing so he conducted a side by side test using 7/8 oz 1200 fps target loads. His comment was that you could put all the funny little rubber inserts in a stock that you want. The recoil operated gun still kicked more then the gas operated gun.

He loves both guns but the 720 kicks less.

As to function, he's never had a problem with his 720 and I've never had a problem with my 620. Unless you intend to put a couple cases of shells through the gun without cleaning it, you shouldn't have a problem.

DumbDuck