Question about M2 trigger group/hammer

cody6.0

Just noticed this so I figured I would ask to see if it's normal.

After being fired the hammer on my M2 has a littl free play and isn't sprung against the firing pin. After pulling the trigger group I see that the part of the cartridge drop lever that covers the spring cap is curved.

Is this normal or is that part of the CDL supposed to be flat?

Just noticed this so I figured I would ask to see if it's normal.

After being fired the hammer on my M2 has a littl free play and isn't sprung against the firing pin. After pulling the trigger group I see that the part of the cartridge drop lever that covers the spring cap is curved.

Is this normal or is that part of the CDL supposed to be flat?

Yes this is completly normal for an M2, after being dry fired (snap caps) with the bolt closed, you can shake the gun and the hammer has about a half inch of free play. The CDL also has a slight curve to it.

Thank for the reply.

I hate it when something seems abnormal only because you never payed attention to it before.

No problem, I have a question for you though, with the chamber open, can you shake it and it makes a noise? I think it is the rotating bolt head spring, because it doesn't make the noise when it is closed with it compressed. I don't think the spring is supposed to be loose and it functions fine but I have the same curious problem.