mag tube

glk19

If it's anything like the Benelli's you simply take the nut off the barrel end and you should see a plug held in with a snap ring. It is just a metal ring that expands into a groove in the magazine tube. There should be little ears with holes in them. There are special pliers that are used that engage these holes and squeeze them together, thus reducing the effective diameter and allowing extraction. There will still be tension in the spring so be careful.

Failing that there is also the hacksaw or pipe cutter approach. Neither is recommended.

Edited by OhioM4

I was hoping it would be like that, since my old Wingmaster pump works basically the same way you described. Of course, I could never be that lucky:). Thanks for trying, though. Hopefully someone owns a 1201, and can shed some light on this.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is wondering, I figured out how to do this. There's a pin that runs from the inside of the cap, and goes through a little hole in the tube. You push the pin in with a punch, and unscrew. The pin may move, but it's actually the end of a fairly elaborate spring inside the cap, so just push away, and it'll still be there later. Just push, and unscrew. Obviously, watch how you unscrew the cap, as it will be wanting to fly of when the threads release.