Has anyone shortened thier stock?

REXtheDOG

Does onyone here have experience shortening their stock?

I'd like to cut about 1" to 1.5" off the back of my M3 pistol grip stock. There is plenty of room to cut that much off and not interfere with the mounting tube, so the cut is the easy part ,but I need to figure out how I am going to reattach the butt pad. Ideally I'd like to use the stock pad so it retains the Benelli name and won't cost me anything.

I've seen that Speedfeed offers a shortened 13" pistol grip stock but it does not specify if it is 13" LOP to the trigger or physically 13" in length. Also not real appealing asthetically and would cost extra $$.

Concerning my desire to shorten the stock, It was interesting because I decided I wanted to shorten the stock and then saw at the Military Morons site a photo of a shortened stock M3. I had seen the photo before but never realized that it had a shortened stock. Also read about an attendee at a shotgun course that shortened the stock on his M1 during the course.