Nova vs Cheek

sipi

I recently decided to buy a Benelli Nova. Everyone I asked said it is an excellent choice, and a very well made pump shotgun. And it sure seems to be.

Anxious to try it out. I shot a round of trap with it. Several times though, the top of the stock contacted my cheek so hard its still sore after a week. Other than the cheek thing I was very pleased with its performance. I like the 3" and 3 1/2" magnum capability, as well as the composite stock and non glare finish. And with the 26" barrel seems to balance well, it comes up and points nice.

I've shot a shotgun for 35 yrs and never had a stock contact my cheek before. Is there any thing I could do to remedy this situation? Maybe a pad over the stock? Is there anyway to modify the stock?

I wonder if the accessory mercury recoil reducer would help? Although felt recoil through my shoulder didnt seem bad at all.

I thought that maybe I could just keep my cheek away from the stock while shooting. I've practiced at home mounting the gun a few times and discovered I have to bring my cheek up to the stock to get a good "picture" over the barrel.

I'd appreciate any advice on this matter

Thanks, Sipi

Your not mounting the gun right. The LOP (length of pull) might be shorter than your use to. You will love the gun once you get to know it better.

A recoil reducer helps with magnum loads but isn't worth the money if you just shoot trap type loads. However I do have a limsavers pad on my novas and love them.

Good luck