SBE2 Porting

tucker301

When I first got my SBEII, I took it on a dove hunt. Since I had heard horror stories about the guns not cycling light loads, I bought some 2 3/4" 1 1/4 oz loads. But while on the hunt, I decided to try some of my buddies lighter loads and it cycled a box of them perfectly. They were the cheap 7/8 oz Winchester super speeds form Wallyworld. Not one hiccup yet, it has cycled everything from those small loads up to 3 1/2" BBs. Man I love this gun, couldn't be happier with it.

Originally posted by Golden Bear:

DD--Before I had my 2 SBE ll's worked on they wouldn't cycle with 1-1/8oz. or any other loads. But since they function every time, even with 1oz. It doesn't surprise me. Many guns, not just your Benelli need fine tuning, new or used. If you like the gun spend a couple extra $$ and have it modified or tuned for you. Hope this helps.---GB

Thanks for the info GB. It does help. I do like the gun and I will do some investigating on what kind of things I might do to improve it. If you have any suggestions you'd like to make I'm open to hearing them. Thanks again. -DD

Originally posted by NoTox:

When I first got my SBEII, I took it on a dove hunt. Since I had heard horror stories about the guns not cycling light loads, I bought some 2 3/4" 1 1/4 oz loads. But while on the hunt, I decided to try some of my buddies lighter loads and it cycled a box of them perfectly. They were the cheap 7/8 oz Winchester super speeds form Wallyworld. Not one hiccup yet, it has cycled everything from those small loads up to 3 1/2" BBs. Man I love this gun, couldn't be happier with it.

Glad to hear your gun is working so well. Mine will cycle 1 and 1 1/8 oz loads, but not consistently at all. It makes me wonder if there isn't something wrong with mine. Perhaps a change was made between the SBE1 and SBE2...

Originally posted by DoubleD:

quote:
Originally posted by NoTox:

Glad to hear your gun is working so well. Mine will cycle 1 and 1 1/8 oz loads, but not consistently at all. It makes me wonder if there isn't something wrong with mine. Perhaps a change was made between the SBE1 and SBE2...

[ 01-11-2005, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: WGS ]

This may be out in the left field some, but I have a M1 TAC with the 18.5" barrel and it will function without any problems using the 1oz load of FEDERAL Game-Shok. A 3 1/4 Dram EQ load that produces 1200 FPS in by Beretta 391 with a 28" barrel. Several people have used the gun with that shell/load and no problems. Short barrel, light 1oz load and 1200 fps (in a 28" barrel) and no problems in a new gun during the first 150 rounds. Don't expect it to develope problems as the gun wears in.

From the above, I would expect an SBEII to operate well with a 1 oz load. Maybe I have missed something though!

BIll