SBE II loose recoil pad?

API1946

I tried posting this question in another thread regarding recoil pads, but didn't get any response... :(

At the end of this year's water fowl season while cleaning my two year old SBE II, the recoil pad seem to come off too easily. Upon closer look, the plastic insert from inside the stock had come loose and was still attached to the recoil pad (make sense?). I separated the plastic piece from the recoil pad and super glued it back inside the stock. After letting the glue set for a day I reinstalled the recoil pad. Since then, I've put a hundred or so rounds through the gun at the range with no problems, but I'm concerned about the upcoming season. I don't want the thing coming apart on me. Any ideas or suggestions?

I tried posting this question in another thread regarding recoil pads, but didn't get any response... :(

At the end of this year's water fowl season while cleaning my two year old SBE II, the recoil pad seem to come off too easily. Upon closer look, the plastic insert from inside the stock had come loose and was still attached to the recoil pad (make sense?). I separated the plastic piece from the recoil pad and super glued it back inside the stock. After letting the glue set for a day I reinstalled the recoil pad. Since then, I've put a hundred or so rounds through the gun at the range with no problems, but I'm concerned about the upcoming season. I don't want the thing coming apart on me. Any ideas or suggestions?

I had the EXACT thing happen to me only it was on my Supernova tactical. The little cage that's in there to hold the recoil pad completely separated from the stock. This was on a brand new, unfired gun. I ended up using some super duper adhesive called E6000 (just google it) and have not had a problem since. You might also call Benelli and let them know as I'm sure you aren't the only one to experience this.:rolleyes: