NEED HELP -M1 Synthetic Stock - How to Shorten?

pamike

I am trying to setup a 20 ga shotgun for my girl to hunt this fall. Every gun I look at has too long of a LOP. I found a real nice m1 in full camo that is light enough, but the LOP will just not work. Can someone please tell me if I can cut the factory stock down to 13" and still mount a limb saver pad on the end?

thanks,

Mike

There have been folks that have cut down their synthetic stocks but it was quite involved, including reconstruction of the screw mounts within the stock. You can't just cut it off and mount the pad.

Have you done a Gunbroker or Google search? You might find something that works. Here's a used one at Cabelas:

http://www.cabelas.com/gun-inventory---hazelwood---european-sg---1804309-bmy-haz.shtml

They used to make a youth model Nova 20 ga. also. Don't know if they still do but you can probably find one of them used as well.