Bell and Carlson Stocks on M1

Random Gadfly

I had the Bell and Carson that I purchased from Cabelas. I was very dissatisfied for a couple of reasons. The forearm was noticeably wider than stock and uncomfortable with gloved hands. The buttstock was heavier than original. The checkering was mediocre. The forearm developed a hairline crack on the inside web that separates the barrel from the mag tube. Cabelas exchanged the set and after a box of #4 high brass the new set also developed the same hairline crack. Cabelas was wonderful and gave me a prompt refund. I was rather surprised especially when you see the work that b&c does on the centerfire rifles. If you are interested I have a synthetic set in almost new condition. PM me your email

Guest cleefurd

I have been looking to do the opposite to my M1... which means we may have each other's parts:D. Recently I traded my tactical barrel for a vent rib to make her more presentable as a field gun.

Do you happen to have any pic's of the wood? Even a fair assessment would be a good start. Mine (factory synthetic set) are best described as highly presentable, in near new condition. I would even be willing to trade my factory extension and upgraded clamp for the basic mag-cap to further refine the "field" look.