stoeger 2000 firing pin retaining pin o ring

q775919

I have a stoeger m2000, just took it apart to clean it prior to the first hunt as many have posted and suggested that you should do, and the firing pin retaining pin o ring was brittle and fell apart. Are there any interchangeable parts for this? could i go down to the local hardware store and get something that will work? Its duck seasin darn it, and I don't want to wait forever to get another one.

I have a stoeger m2000, just took it apart to clean it prior to the first hunt as many have posted and suggested that you should do, and the firing pin retaining pin o ring was brittle and fell apart. Are there any interchangeable parts for this? could i go down to the local hardware store and get something that will work? Its duck seasin darn it, and I don't want to wait forever to get another one.

q775919, looks as though you’ll have a tough time finding that Part# M03, Cat #33045 O-ring available online. I would take the broken O-ring down to the Auto Parts store and match it up as close as possible and buy two or three. I would also call up Stoeger’s Service Dept 800-264-4962, and let them know that your upset with the failure of this part. They just might send you it for FREE. If not, purchase 2 or 3 of them, for I read on another forum that you need to change these out every 100 rounds. Hope this helps, this way you can still hunt while waiting on delivery of the OEM part.

Ace or autoparts are far cheaper and faster options than factory.;) They are rubber rings, so when cleaning your weapon, be careful about getting synthetic oils on it, or TCE or similar agents.

If you use a shot of silicone lube spray, or a dab of silicone lube (plumbing section in the hardware store) before re-assembly, it will last much longer.

Ace or autoparts are far cheaper and faster options than factory.;) They are rubber rings, so when cleaning your weapon, be careful about getting synthetic oils on it, or TCE or similar agents.

If you use a shot of silicone lube spray, or a dab of silicone lube (plumbing section in the hardware store) before re-assembly, it will last much longer.

I totally agree with you Rob72, personally, I like to let the owner of the weapon make the decision of using an alternate part or stick with the OEM part. That’s the “Disclaimer” :D

And thanks for the warnings of synthetic oils, TCE or similar agents, some of us (speaking of myself here) seem to overlook, great reminder.