Nova Bolt failure

clwinbe

I bought a new Nova tac shotgun. I put 35 rounds of low brass shot through it, no problems. I fired a few Remington 2 3/4" 000 buck shells, and observed that the bolt had blown back, almost to the point that the shell ejected. I thought I had done this out of habit. I fired two more rounds with the same result. The bolt was blown back and almost ejected the shell.

Had this been a 3" or 3.5" load, I could have been in real trouble.

Big 5 was real nice about returning the weapon. I am very concerned about getting another one. I thought this action was strong.

Is this common?

I removed my hand from the front to insure it was not user error on the last few. The recoil is really not that heavy (I am 310 lbs). I have done very heavy shooting with an 870 back when I was doing law enforcement firearms instruction. I could shoot the 2 3/4" all day with this gun. It really felt nice with the higher power stuff (other than this issue).

I ended up getting another one. I cant really believe that a Benelli would have this issue twice.