Which Night Sights for the M4?

M4Real

The Benelli M4 front sight will need a special sized wrench - 5.5mm seems to be the consensus. You can get them for about $10 online (Amazon and some tool specialized web stores). I've heard that Sears sells them in a pack of wrenches. I didn't wait for mine and scratched the nut quite a bit and took off some of the paint. I've heard you can get a replacement for the nuts too, but I haven't bothered yet.

The Benelli M4 front sight will need a special sized wrench - 5.5mm seems to be the consensus. You can get them for about $10 online (Amazon and some tool specialized web stores). I've heard that Sears sells them in a pack of wrenches. I didn't wait for mine and scratched the nut quite a bit and took off some of the paint. I've heard you can get a replacement for the nuts too, but I haven't bothered yet.

you might find one at one of those special sized wrench - 5.5mm Chinese only tool stores or a 99cent store

I've got the factory night sights, I'm debating sending them off to trijicon to have their tubes installed. It's tough to see them in daylight the merpo lights don't have white rings for daylight targeting.

Also go to any sears store an pick up a set of metric ignition open ended wrenches in metric. It has the 5.5, and the 4mm you can use to hold the sight while you tighten the nut, versus marring it up with pliers. It's like 17$ for the pack of 10 2mm thru 10mm with a 5.5 in there as well.

The 5.5mm is right and the sears kit is nice. If you mung up the nut a little PermaBlue will fix it.

That said the Meprolight ones (which seem to be the only available) I just got (and are recent manufacturer I was not impressed with at all. First they are pretty dim, the ones I just got if it's dark enough to see them it's probably too dark to see your target, and if you have to use a light to see the target, then there's no point to the sights. I'd say they are a little bit better than 50% as bright as the Trijicon's on my glock. Part of that may be because they appear to use a smaller dia. tube but It has to be close to twice as dark for the Meprolight ones to be effective compared to the trijicon's on my glock.

Worse yet, they don't have a white outline, so not only are they so-so in the dark, they suck in the day. Double whammy. Why they wouldn't do a white outline is beyond me, just cheap I guess, I can see no downside to it, especially since the factory sights have it.

I ended up making a couple tiny circle stencils so I could paint a white outline on the front sight and put a couple tiny white dots just to the insides of the tubes on the rear. Works fine, but for $90 they should come that way.