Benelli 14" M4 Barrel

HDRDKG

Once you crop the barrel below 18", it becomes a class 2 AOW by BATF regs. Available only to LEO agancies, officers, or those willing to succumb to the BATF process. I don't know of a gunsmith that would do a chop job like that...... A class 2 or 3 manufacturer can do it legitimately, and then register the firearm with the BATF as such.

I have a 12" barrelled 870 Pol Mag that was manufactured as a class 2 AOW. It's the model produced exclusively for the Federal Marshall Service and, if you can get on the list, other LEOs. (it's generally referred to as the Federal Witness Protection Shotgun, Model WP-870) There's a bit more to it than just cutting the barrel. The choke on mine is non-standard, they custom machine chokes to each gun as they are manufactured so as to produce the best pattern possible.

It's a reallllllly sweet package that has it's place, and executes it very, very, very well. ;)

Thanks for all the info. I currently have one of the Remington Witness Protection shotguns, but mine has the 14" barrel. I also have a M1 S-90 with the 14" barrel. All have the BATFE tax stamp. Just trying to do the M4 now, but it has been a tough one.