M2 cycling problems revisited

rosevilleredneck

In my duck club we have 5 m2s, 4 of them jam, we also have 2 SBEs. One never jams and the other jams the same as the M2s.I have read a lot of posts about the jams . Mine is broken in, 5 or 6 cases. I talked to Benelli and they refuse to admit that the problem is a defect from the factory, althought thes guns have jammed since day one. Have been told to lube it more, told to lube it less, change shells and I have done all of this. Still hangs up about once every 50 rounds. I have read about what some of you have done to cure yours but I do not understand why it does not jam ever time or at least more often. Makes no sense to me why every 50 or so rounds. Any additional info. would be greatly appreciated. I also have added the Wolf heavy duty springs, no help. THANKS!!!!

Not quite sure what "jams" means as there are several distinct components to the cycling action of the Benelli mechanism.....extraction / ejection / feeding / etc...any of which not executed properly might result in a "jam".

Assuming the gun is clean and all the parts are in good working order etc, then it may be helpful to remember that the M2's have an inertia driven bolt system which requires some relative motion of the gun about the stationary bolt; when the gun is so securely held or fixed, e.g. gun held in shooting mount or butt stock is against the ground, or if accessories are added to the gun adding weight, then the gun may not / will not cycle properly as the requirement for the gun to move relative to the bolt will have been defeated. So, actually holding the gun too tight, with the extra duck hunting clothing etc may be responsible for your experience of intermittent "jams" without an obvious cause. I would bet that if you fire a couple of boxes of shells one-handed the gun will not "jam".

Let me define {JAM} as it exists in the guns I previously mentioned.The 3rd. shell or the last one out of the magazine does not lift up high enough to enter the chamber. Thanks benelliwerkes for bringing that up. Confused as to why always the last shell in the magazine and why only about once every 50 rounds. What you are telling me is opposite of what the people at Benelli told me. The gun is clean, properly oiled but you mentioned all parts in good working order. Obviously they are not or I would not be on this site looking for answers. This problem, for all of the guns I mentioned , has existed since day one. In my humble opinion this is a problem that existed before these guns left the factory.I want to thank all of you as I have learned a lot. Still have a long way to go.Still do not understand why a carrier spring and breech bolt latch on a new gun could cause this intermitten problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1219[/ATTACH]

Still do not understand why a carrier spring and breech bolt latch on a new gun could cause this intermitten problem.

When the inertia bolt mechanism is partially retarded for whatever reason previously mentioned it certainly would account for the intermittent problem......as you can see from the photos, the bolt latch requires the bolt to move completely throughout its range of cycling; if the bolt is not moving completely then there may be a malfunction in the carrier lifting action which you describe. I would expect that if there was some fundamental mechanical problem with the action, you would see a much higher rate of malfunctions.

I have been through not enough oil, too much oil, shooting wrong shells, holding the gun too tight, holding the gun too loose, holding my mouth wrong and so on. I am 100% sure this problem is a flaw from the factory. My friend that has the m2 that does not jam traded guns with me. He shot my m2 jamomatic and I shot his no jam m2. Guess what! My jamomatic m2 jamed for him exactly as it did for me and his no jam m2 functioned perefectly for me. Thanks to all of you that tried to help. YFR