Help with California Regs

OrangeMarine

So I asked ATF if the new H2O was legal and the only question the agent asked was is it a pump action. So i say no and the answer i get is "then its not legal to own in Ca." Then the agent goes on to say that if the shot gun meets any of the criteria for Ca's assault weapon definition then its not legal. So i look up what is defined as an assault weapon in Ca and I found that as long as its not greater than 10 rounds, isn't detachable magazine fed, doesn't have a folding or telescopic stock and does not have a pistol grip then it is legal. So i am looking at a benelli m4 with a standard stock and i am good to go. Is my assumption correct? Any help with this matter would be much appreciated. Any Ca. M4 owners out there? Whats the deal?

So I asked ATF if the new H2O was legal and the only question the agent asked was is it a pump action. So i say no and the answer i get is "then its not legal to own in Ca." Then the agent goes on to say that if the shot gun meets any of the criteria for Ca's assault weapon definition then its not legal. So i look up what is defined as an assault weapon in Ca and I found that as long as its not greater than 10 rounds, isn't detachable magazine fed, doesn't have a folding or telescopic stock and does not have a pistol grip then it is legal. So i am looking at a benelli m4 with a standard stock and i am good to go. Is my assumption correct? Any help with this matter would be much appreciated. Any Ca. M4 owners out there? Whats the deal?

yes you are legal if you have the standard stock on it. it is a assult weapon if it has pistol grip and telescoping stock.

check this site Cal-guns.net all the cali info you need for any gun