HELP PLEASE - PHOTO attached - Choke question for my Benelli Super Sport 12Ga

sigarmsp226

photo-1.jpg

Please help if you can - The attached photo shows one choke (on the right) that is the only choke that came with my new Super Sport that fit. The others were for a M2/SBE2 - The chokes on the left will not even fit into the barrel. I have looked on the Benelli site and can not find the right choke design any where. I am going to call Benelli tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else has a clue as to what the choke on the right is called. The choke has Benelli Armi Cirochoke engraved or stamped on the choke tube. Any help is greatly appreciated....

Mark

I thought the one on the right might be a M1/SBE 1 choke style since it's made for barrel threads right at the muzzle. That thought went away when I compared the M1 to a M2.

The one on the left below is a flush mounted M2 choke. The one in the middle is a flush mount for the M1 and the one on the right is an extended choke for the M1. Not even close to what you have. They're a lot shorter overall.

Check out a choke manufacturer's (Briley, Trulock, etc.) website to see what they have available for the different Benelli models. That might get you going in the right direction.

I got nuthin' else. Sorry.

BenelliChokes.jpg

Edited by truckcop

Truckcop - Thanks for taking the time to respond. The thread pattern is the same as the chokes that go in my SBE 1 but they are shorter below the thread area. This one choke is the same length as the Ciro chokes in the picture on the left (3.5") but the thread pattern is different. The chokes on the left will not even fit into the barrel and the inside of the barrel patten reflects the correct pattern for the choke on the right....My hope is that Benelli can tell me what is going on with this issue...Thanks again for your comments....

Truckcop - I owe you lunch - you found what I could not find - the chokes are called Ciro Sport....Thank you again for taking the time to find this.....If you are ever in East Central MS (Columbus) email me and I will buy you lunch....Glad to know that if Benelli can not help me Briley can.....Thanks again Sir.....Mark Dillon

UPDATE - Benelli told me today that they only manufactured the Super Sport Shotgun using the Crio Sport style choke for a little ove one year -2003-2004....Unreal to think that I just bought this shotgun three weeks ago and it was still unfired and in the original case (I think). Only thing I can think of is the dealer misplaced or someone stole the other 4 chokes. He ordered replacement chokes from Benelli and they sent him the chokes that have been used on every Super Sport starting in 2005, which in this case was the wrong ones. Anyway - Benelli's GREAT Customer Service told me I could send back the new CrioPlus chokes and they would send me New Crio Sport chokes....even trade....Benelli ran the SN of the shotgun and determined the year made and that answered everything....I own 7 Benelli's now with my 8th on layaway....I will not buy or shoot another brand shotgun, nor will my wife or two sons as long as I am around.....GREAT Job Benelli - Again.......