Benelli m4 M4 Ammo - Hornady Model 86275 TAP Light Magnum 00 Buck

lppd628

Hello All

Wanted to get any imput on a couple 00 Buck rounds I was planning on stocking up on. The first is the Winchester Ranger 9 pellet Low Recoil 00 Buck. Quick background I'm LE and just got my M4 and waiting on my tube from Carrier Comp. My department issues the above mentioned Ranger load and it shoots reasonably well however once or twice when I first got it I had a couple FTC...only a couple. Doing a little research I came across the Hornady load listed in the title but not much review or data on when doing a google search. I'm looking for a low recoil load but not so under powered that it could cause a cycling problem. I would welcome any input on the Hornady load or a different one alltogether that would be better suited. The 00 load that I go with be my duty buck rounds, SHTF, zombie apocalypse or whatever. I had read in other posts that the M4 should not have any FTC with something like the low recoil Ranger load after some break in time. Anyway just some ideas or opinions welcomed.

Edited by lppd628

I'd say just run a box or two of really hot shells through it, and it should cycle the ranger stuff no problem.

As for your question, the Hornady ammo is awesome and better than the Ranger. But that doesn't mean I think it's worth the price difference. I'd pattern your gun more than anything, as they should cycle the same after you run some hotter shells.

Hey I appreciate it brother. Not to rub it in anybody's face but on the Hornady I can get 250 rounds for $204 shipped from a LE distributor. Since the pricing nearly the same from what I've been able to find on the ranger I'm going to go ahead and order the Hornady today. When I get it in and get my butt to the range I will post a report in case there are others that may have some interest.

Try Federal Flite Control #1 Buck. It's awesome and very hard to find (unless you're LEO or military). I have to pay the big bucks for the Flite Control in 00 Buck and I use it for home defense, although I wish I could get the #1. The 00 patterns great in my M4 and cycles every time.