Mesa Sureshell Carrier for Supernova Issue...

PCFIVEZ

I had just recently acquired a 6 shot sureshell carrier from Mesa Tactical...I installed it and it seems a bit off...the picatinny rail section is a little longer than the receiver area (surface it sits on). Is it supposed to be this way or did I get a factory defect?

Please see pics...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1839[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1840[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1841[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1842[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1843[/ATTACH]:confused:

OK, i contacted cust support and this is how it went...does Mitch's reply make any sense to anybody here? see the email and reply below....

EMAIL:

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM, PCFIVEZ wrote: > for my Benelli Supernova Tactical...I installed it and it seems a bit > off...the picatinny rail section is a little longer than the receiver area > (surface it sits on). The screws all line up and fit easily. Is it supposed > to be this way or did I get a factory defect?

REPLY:

It's supposed to be like that. For the last year or so these items were machined with a certain number of recoil grooves that caused that slight overhang you noticed. It's not a defect. Regards, Mitch Barrie -- Mesa Tactical Gear and accessories for law enforcement, military and personal defense. Costa Mesa, CA o 949-642-3337 o www.mesatactical.com

Mine sits flush with the receiver. I counted 16 "teeth" on your rail, mine has 15. They might have sent you a wrong one.

this is getting real confusing! i just looked up a picture from amazon.com and judging by the pictures somebody else has the same issue as i do w/ the 16 teeth! but along side of it, they are showing a picture with 15 teeth as one for sale.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B0050JKRSG/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_2?ie=UTF8&index=2&isremote=0