Need Help With FTF Problem on Super Vinci

SVMikeG

Hello - I'm hoping one of you may be able to help with a somewhat unique FTF problem on my super vinci. I purchased it about 6 months ago and have used it for trap & skeet and now that we're into hunting season for some dove.

The problem I am having is with the second shell not entering the chamber completely. There is a very sharp edge on the outside edge of the chamber, and when the second shell tries to feed, the hull will get caught on the chamber edge and get cut & stuck. It's almost like the edge of the hull is getting slightly peeled by the sharp edge. This doesn't happen every time, but if I go to the range and shoot doubles it may happen 4 or 5 times over the 50 shells.

This problem happens with all loads, sizes, and brands that I have tried. I thought maybe the 6 crimp shells were sticking out a little too much and causing the problem, so I tried 8 crimp shells, and the same thing happens.

If anyone else has had this problem & was able to get it fixed, I'd appreciate knowing what you did. Maybe I just have to open a warranty case with Benelli, but I don't want to lose my hunting gun during hunting season if I have to send it in.