New M4 Owner... Hello!

Judg3

Hey just wanted to say Hi.  I have been following this forum for many years as I have aspired to own a Benelli for over a decade now.  The cost just deterred me for many years.  I was in the LGS last week and my buddy told me he had a M4 he ordered 6 months ago show up that he hadn't even put in the system yet. M4's are ultra rare out in the sticks of Virginia.  Especially in the midst of a plandemic and election year so I looked at my fiance and she just said "quit talking about it and buy the damn thing".  Low and behold I walked out of the store with a much lighter wallet and a grin from ear to ear.  I took it out this past weekend and was utterly amazed.  I regret waiting so long.  I feel the Ithaca 37, Mossberg 500, Browning A5's, and the Remington 11's will sit in the back of the safe for a good while now.  To all ya'll on the fence... buy once cry once.  I wish i would have bought one of these years ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very lucky, congrats. I got an "in-stock" notification from Riflegear this morning on an H20 model but is sold out before I could enter my card info. I still have high-hopes I will score a retail priced M4 even though bitting the bullet on Gunbroker is more and more tempting each day. 

Edited by Kozumasbullitt

46 minutes ago, Kozumasbullitt said:

Very lucky, congrats. I got an "in-stock" notification from Riflegear this morning on an H20 model but is sold out before I could enter my card info. I still have high-hopes I will score a retail priced M4 even though bitting the bullet on Gunbroker is more and more tempting each day. 

Yea I know the feeling.  That has been my dilemma with the communist rifles for the past few years.  At the start of 2020 ammo and budget firearms were unobtainium but the high end stuff was still available.  Now it seems like everything in the firearms industry just cant keep up with demand.  At least in my area I don't know about the rest of the Republic.

9 minutes ago, Judg3 said:

Yea I know the feeling.  That has been my dilemma with the communist rifles for the past few years.  At the start of 2020 ammo and budget firearms were unobtainium but the high end stuff was still available.  Now it seems like everything in the firearms industry just cant keep up with demand.  At least in my area I don't know about the rest of the Republic.

Unfortunately I am in California, the Bay Area to be specific. I make purchases for hobby but most people in this area are buying for HD/protection and scrambling to buy whatever they can get. When an M4 pops up for sale at a LGS, even with typical markups, there are a line of people with cash in hand ready to buy. I wished the market would get flooded with Glock 19s so first time buyers and panic buyers leave the more "niche" firearms to the enthusiasts. 

14 minutes ago, Kozumasbullitt said:

Unfortunately I am in California, the Bay Area to be specific. I make purchases for hobby but most people in this area are buying for HD/protection and scrambling to buy whatever they can get. When an M4 pops up for sale at a LGS, even with typical markups, there are a line of people with cash in hand ready to buy. I wished the market would get flooded with Glock 19s so first time buyers and panic buyers leave the more "niche" firearms to the enthusiasts. 

I feel for you guys out there man.  Up until this past year I was the same way.  I bought guns as a hobby/collector/recreational match shooter.  Then came along Radical Ralph and his band of gun grabbers trying to create the east coast California gun apocalypse.  The whole state has been in a buying frenzy since last fall.  I hope you find an M4 at a reasonable price bud.