Branching Out this Year:

Will Beararms

I’ve always hunted the usual Public Arkansas Flooded Timber spots but they are now so crowded it’s not worth the time and money.  I have identified (10) other WMA’s that are either lakes or sloughs or moist soil units I plan to try this year. The list started at 21 but I narrowed it down based on location and whether or not it required a $40 leased land permit. The Public Hunting has gotten so bad in AR due to years of unjustified 60 Day and 6 Duck seasons, little or no cold weather and too much pressure that it’s not worth waisting a lot of money on. 

I may not be able the enjoy the beauty of venues like Bayou Meto, the White River Refuge or Felsenthal but I hope to escape the crowds and rude behavior. If you are coming to AR to hunt, come on but spend the money to hunt private or you will be disappointed. 

Good hunting this year. 

Edited by Will Beararms

• 3 months later...