Ear pro where I can maintain a good cheek weld?

Anon4755

Been using the walkers razor slim ear pro, but getting a good cheek weld pushes the ear pro off my ear then follows with a ringing.  Anyone have any good recommendations for other ear pro where i can maintain a good cheek weld?  I hate the foam ear plugs, they always hurt my ears, and build up an annoying pressure in my ears that leads to migraines really quickly. 

10 minutes ago, Unobtanium said:

Raise your optic and adopt a more upright head position. While not the answer you want, it is the inky ergonomically sound option, given your dislike of in-ear options.

Not a terrible option.  Do you know of any really slim electronic ear pro? Or any foam ear plugs you can recommend that arent irritating that i can try?

I use Peltor Tac6s on my helmet. Otherwise just regular 3M foam orange. Roll them between finger and thumb. Then reach behind your head, left arm right ear, pick up the top of the ear and pull like youre trying to drag the ear over and around your head to your other ear. Insert plug. Let it expand. Technique matters!

Edited by Unobtanium
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Unobtanium said:

I use Peltor Tac6s on my helmet. Otherwise just regular 3M foam orange. Roll them between finger and thumb. Then reach behind your head, ledt arm right ear, pick up the top of the ear and pull like youre trying to drag the ear over and around your head to your other ear. Insert plug. Let it expand. Technique matters!

Alright thank you.  The foam ear plugs are always just too large for my ears no matter how much i squish them roll them etc they just don't go in my ear.  I end up actually hurting my ears trying to use foam ear plugs... Unless they make smaller ones?

Get custom silicone plugs. I’ve had a set for years and they give me 37dB sound isolation. At $100, great when you don’t need to worry about hearing others. Because they’re molded to your ear, there’s no pressure. I also have a set of Harris F-12 HPI (26dB)… cost as much as a kitted M4 but I won’t compromise on my hearing. I really want a set of 20s for BT but at 2x the cost of a M4, but same 26dB as my F-12, not worth it. Plugs are nice because they never interfere with cheek weld. I use IEMs to listen to music so love IEs.  

There are times where headsets are more convenient and cheek weld is more like chin weld so I use Ops Core AMP. The NFMI plugs are awesome with the AMPs. 

Edited by kilyung
  • Upvote 1