Benelli Vinci Bolt Buffer pad

Liam

Hey guys, just got a benelli vinci the other day! Not new to benelli as I do have a sbe3, however I purchased the benelli Vinci tactical pistol grip model for turkey.

my question is about the bolt assembly, and specifically the little red plastic piece at the end closest to the stock. I think it is called the bolt buffer pad, it has that tab the extrudes out a bit and secures into the barrel. Well before even shooting this brand new Vinci, this tab has already snapped off. Not too happy with it right now. 

what I am asking and wondering is if I am okay to shoot and use the gun? It still assembles and the bolt moves fine. If not, where can I get a replacement piece? I am from Canada if that helps. 

thanks and hope to hear from someone asap because I want to try my new gun. 

It would be listed as part number #39 in Midwest Gun Works, MGW actually the holder of most Benelli small parts.  The role of the buffer pad is to keep the bolt assembly positioned in the receiver.  It would be wise to get the part replaced however there is very little if any stock on the part number 60873.  Call Benelli Warranty and ask them for a new one providing it is still under the Vinci Warranty which is 5 years.

image.png.20b65fcecd07738db732280957ad7029.png

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, remarkable said:

It would be listed as part number #39 in Midwest Gun Works, MGW actually the holder of most Benelli small parts.  The role of the buffer pad is to keep the bolt assembly positioned in the receiver.  It would be wise to get the part replaced however there is very little if any stock on the part number 60873.  Call Benelli Warranty and ask them for a new one providing it is still under the Vinci Warranty which is 5 years.

image.png.20b65fcecd07738db732280957ad7029.png

Call me crazy, but what he is holding in the picture doesn't look anything like part #39. I don't have a Vinci so I'm no expert but what he has looks like a shipping tab. I can't imaging there'd be easily breakable plastic parts in the chamber; I could be wrong.

On 2/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, StreetSweeper56 said:

Call me crazy, but what he is holding in the picture doesn't look anything like part #39. I don't have a Vinci so I'm no expert but what he has looks like a shipping tab. I can't imaging there'd be easily breakable plastic parts in the chamber; I could be wrong.

This is a part #39 that does show wear over time if it is not inserted properly, it is not a shipping tab.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:18 PM, remarkable said:

This is a part #39 that does show wear over time if it is not inserted properly, it is not a shipping tab.

Yes, it is actually part of the bolt and it’s purpose is to secure the bolt in place for east installation between the stock and barrel. I got this information from a friend with a Vinci.

I took it out and everything shot fine but have ordered another piece from stoeger

• 8 months later...

Just another italian sh.. shotgun.

I replaced 2 rubber buttons from Magazine and once I loose my magazine on field. The buttstock has a rubber pad which destroys very fast. I had issues with 2nd cartridge loading from time to time. You must clean and lubricate often after every use. In the past the other gun A5 Browning I use to clean it once a season, it works flawllesy even now but it is not magnum, this is... Altough it produced beautiful patterns on birdshot and precise shooting on slugs, the rubber is a Benelli joke .