M4 Warranty repair - acceptable repair ?

eqracing

On 3/30/2022 at 9:43 PM, Doge said:

I would rather have a new barrel. M4s are already kinda mismatched color (see blue m4s?). Actually your M4 looks really really blue. I don't get why they can't get things a uniform color. FNH and HK are super guilty of this

FN SCAR®-H Mk2 - FN HERSTAL

That's an eye sore i can never un see now.  Fn scars will always look different to me now lmao, never noticed this before even in person with the scars. 

On 3/30/2022 at 11:43 PM, Doge said:

I would rather have a new barrel. M4s are already kinda mismatched color (see blue m4s?). Actually your M4 looks really really blue. I don't get why they can't get things a uniform color. FNH and HK are super guilty of this

FN SCAR®-H Mk2 - FN HERSTAL

From what I understand, the mis-matched coloring was a U.S. Army requirement to lessen the profile of the rifle.

2 hours ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

From what I understand, the mis-matched coloring was a U.S. Army requirement to lessen the profile of the rifle.

The Scar was a SOCOM contract and I've never heard of a mis-matched color requirement so I don't think that's true unless you have a source?

Many of us in the fde game understand it's almost impossible to get the same shade of fde on a single build. Especially with anodized parts.. I've got 2 tan badger mounts but they are not the same color (one is more coyote brown).

10 hours ago, Kahamu said:

The Scar was a SOCOM contract and I've never heard of a mis-matched color requirement so I don't think that's true unless you have a source?

Many of us in the fde game understand it's almost impossible to get the same shade of fde on a single build. Especially with anodized parts.. I've got 2 tan badger mounts but they are not the same color (one is more coyote brown).

I did a cursory search but didn't find the article; it's been several years but I did read that, it said too that FN had a bit of difficulty getting it so nothing matched. To get all those parts that far off from one another does seem intentional. I've seen several theories and that is just as plausible as any. As a side note, though I don't have a SCAR 17 I do own a SCAR 20S, the only gun I have I'm sorry I bought, IMO not reliable, I'll likely get rid of it one day.