M1S90 stock is loose after removal

Richard63

Today I decided to swap stocks on my M1S90. I removed the straight stock, installed the PG stock, put on the spacer, and tightened the nut. I discovered the stock was loose, and there was a gap between the receiver and the stock. I removed the PG stock and installed the straight stock only to have the same issue. I double checked the bench and floor to make sure no shim or washer had fallen out. I am stumped. I could add a washer behind the spacer, but why is this happening?  This was my first time removing the stock. I honestly don’t know if it had ever been off the gun before. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

6F9DEDCB-C314-4293-A131-E319EE6F8F1D.jpeg

673209FA-8D88-4212-9077-3DC9134F5FBF.jpeg

OK I’m a dumbass. I just walked back into my office and happened to notice a lock washer on the floor behind the leg of my bench. I swear I looked all over yesterday. Took about 45 seconds to get it all back together nice and tight. Feel free to point and laugh…..

• Upvote 1

Sometimes just a fresh eyes or clear head can find the issue that had not been obvious previously. I can't tell you how many times I've done that in my life.

Interested in selling the field stock by chance? I'll have to check, but I don't think I ever ended up buying one for my M1T.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, bambihunter said:

Sometimes just a fresh eyes or clear head can find the issue that had not been obvious previously. I can't tell you how many times I've done that in my life.

Interested in selling the field stock by chance? I'll have to check, but I don't think I ever ended up buying one for my M1T.

Very true. I am just glad I noticed before the vacuum ate it. 

I am gonna hang on to the field stock for now as I am thinking of taking up sporting clays. I picked up a 24” barrel that takes Mobil chokes and want to try it out. 

• Upvote 1