M4 damaged out of the box

asza90

2 hours ago, Jonnylaw said:

Curious what model you purchased? I bought a 11715 from Kygungo several months ago. Arrived at FFL in original box. Everything looked ok but I actually haven’t assembled it yet. I’ll have to take a closer look now.

Yeah it's the 11715 model. Might not be a bad idea to assemble it and look it over.

2 hours ago, Jonnylaw said:

And is that rust or just the lighting?

I think it's just the lighting. It was actually oiled pretty well when I received it and the rest of the gun was in perfect condition. Just those scratches and that dent to the stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i would be pretty mad about that.  Heck that a 2k gun and i want it to be pristine.  I would be super pissed at myself for not seeing it when first got it.  But hell your excited and can't wait to get it home I'll bet ( at least that how i was lol ). I know you can get cerakoted but shouldn't have to go that route.  Shame benelli want more accommodating.  Hope it works out man.  All you can do is learn from the mistake.  I know I'll check mine thoroughly for to this story. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just giving everyone an update. Picked up my Benelli from my FFL yesterday and the damaged stock has been replaced. I was starting to get worried because I called customer service last week to check on the status and they stated they did not have a record of it. My FFL called them and they stated the same thing. It's been a long two months and dealing with Benelli's customer service has been a real pain but I'm glad they did the right thing.

• Upvote 2

On 5/23/2022 at 6:58 PM, asza90 said:

Picked up my new Benelli xxx that was shipped to my FFL and everything looked good after a brief inspection. I brought it home and assembled the shotgun when I noticed xxx

This just happened to me a few weeks ago with a supposedly brand new M4 H2O. My local dealer did the right thing and issued me a refund without a hassle and sent it back to his distributor. He did the right thing because he knew he tried to screw me. He knew that gun was gouged up and used because he had assembled and inspected it before putting it back in the box. He should have said something right then and there. If I dwell on it, I start to boil that he even thought about trying that sh**.

Being the trusting dumbass that I can be, like you, I just gave it a brief inspection and brought it home. On my way out the door, I even said, "I'm not going to bother putting it together here because I trust you." What a moron. 

I have a hunch that my dealer did the right thing because I live less than a mile from him. This isn't meant as bravado or machoism - just factual - but it also doesn't hurt that while I'm past middle age, I still have a rugged, muscular build like a guy half my age, and with my shaved head, busted nose, and a few other bumps and bruises from my misspent youth, I don't exactly look like a real friendly guy - even though I am.

Well, most days. LOL

Anyway, the next day, I bought an in-store M1014 from another local dealer that I will be picking up on Saturday. I've had great success with on-line, sight unseen purchases in the past, but never again. The world is changing. So little honor these days. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I would personally try to get it resolved. I know a lot of people who think it is no big deal for dings and scratches, but similar to you I just get too upset after dropping that much money for it not to be right out of the box. Maybe I missed it, but where did you buy it from? Direct from Benelli or was it a seller that sent it out like this?

On my gun the shop scratched the barrel and then didn't say anything.  It was fine when I bought it, then they disassembled it to box it up and scratched it.  I didn't notice that until I got home and assembled my gun.  I was pretty irritated, but it's gonna get used.  One small scratch is going to blend right in soon enough.  I just won't buy from them again.  They saved a few bucks hiding their mistake and lost a lot more.  I've put a lot of money into that shop over the years.  

Now, the crooked front sight and blue finish it came with is all Benelli....