Co-witness with Holosun 515 and Scarlaworks Mount?

spta97

Hi All,

TLDR: Will the Holosun 515 cowitness with a Scarlaworks mount?

Long version: Looking for some assistance - I recently purchased an M4 which will primarily be for home defense and would like a red dot with the circle/dot reticle (which I fell in love with after seeing my friends EOTech).

I bought the EOTech, but then realized it is going to be too high for the M4 to allow co-witness/good cheek weld.

So after doing more research, it seems the Scarlaworks mount will allow a lower mount/cowitenss with the Aimpoint T2.  However, I am really stuck on the circle/dot, shake awake, and solar backup, which led me to Holosun HE515CM-GR.

Will this setup allow co-witness?  I saw the 503r in this thread so I assume yes, but want to confirm (hard to get dimensions without the mount).  

As a bonus question, will I run into any issues with the flip DOWN caps?

Also, any other circle/dot options I should consider?

Thanks!

Edited by spta97

On 8/30/2022 at 3:21 PM, spta97 said:

Hi All,

TLDR: Will the Holosun 515 cowitness with a Scarlaworks mount?

Long version: Looking for some assistance - I recently purchased an M4 which will primarily be for home defense and would like a red dot with the circle/dot reticle (which I fell in love with after seeing my friends EOTech).

I bought the EOTech, but then realized it is going to be too high for the M4 to allow co-witness/good cheek weld.

So after doing more research, it seems the Scarlaworks mount will allow a lower mount/cowitenss with the Aimpoint T2.  However, I am really stuck on the circle/dot, shake awake, and solar backup, which led me to Holosun HE515CM-GR.

Will this setup allow co-witness?  I saw the 503r in this thread so I assume yes, but want to confirm (hard to get dimensions without the mount).  

As a bonus question, will I run into any issues with the flip DOWN caps?

Also, any other circle/dot options I should consider?

Thanks!

I am the exact opposite. I don t care about a co witness. A lower 1/3rd is ok but i don t like the front sight and the red dot competing for my eye. We are all different but I like just seeing the dot ( or circle ) I find it easier to get on target fast and just less busy. If you could find a lower 1/3rd cowitness i think that would be the best of both worlds. Good luck buddy. 

4 hours ago, Jaason0 said:

I am the exact opposite. I don t care about a co witness. A lower 1/3rd is ok but i don t like the front sight and the red dot competing for my eye. We are all different but I like just seeing the dot ( or circle ) I find it easier to get on target fast and just less busy. If you could find a lower 1/3rd cowitness i think that would be the best of both worlds. Good luck buddy. 

Thanks Jasson0 - you make a great point.  I think a lower 1/3rd would work better.  Just want to be able to see the irons in the event the RDS fails.

Problem is it seems impossible to determine what the site picture will look like unless someone has posted it online or I buy it and try for myself.