Need more cast on...

howieb

I have a new M2 20 gauge LH.  I need more cast on than the gun provides.  I find myself looking at the right side of the rail... I think more greater cast on is the appropriate solution? Is it acceptable to grind one of the other unused shims for more cast at the fore end of the stock, and modify or create a new rear plate to account for the additional cast on?  If so, is it just a matter of making the hole in the rear plate as far right as possible, without compromising the integrity of the plate?  Is there another way to do this?

I'm a new shooter, and trying to fit the gun myself.  Right now I'm a bit limited in being able to access a shotgun fitter.

Thanks,

Howie

Howie

Quadrafit - Benelli fitting system, in the M2 is not as robust as the 828U where you have 3mm & 6mm of cast right or left.  You could try to purchase a new drop shim plate however I believe you are going to run into difficulties fitting the OEM SX drop shim.  In shotgun fitting there is another method which basically is "fitting the shooter to the gun"... in short you are correctly positioning the gun, drop & cast before you shoulder the gun.

• 4 weeks later...