FFT Mesa Urbino QD sling adapter plate question…

SuzukiGS750EZ

Hey guys. I have a QD up front (bottom) and currently looking for a QD for the rear. I currently have an uncle mikes swivel sling adapter on the bottom of the urbino. I have a flashlight and pressure pad on the right side of the shotgun rail and the FFT website says right handed shooters (me) run a left handed plate. Is this correct? It would come off the stock on the same side as my face? I know it won’t hit my face, just giving context to what I consider the left side. Also, don’t most people run front of sling opposite back of sling? Am I better off just doing the QD up front on the bottom and the swivel sling on the bottom On the back and calling it a day?

https://freedomfightertactical.com/products/the-fft-qd-sling-plate-for-original-benelli-and-mesa-tactical-stocks

i replaced the oem sling attachment point on my urbino with the above. u could turn it either direction to have the qd point on the left or right side. I am right-handed and have the qd attachment on the right side opposite my cheek. I use a magpul ms4 that can go around the right side of the stock over and around my right should and under my left arm connecting to to the left side of the qd attachment in front. everybody is different and has a different preference on how they wanna run their equipment. i went with the noveske qd attachment just to save me from drilling into the stock to add magpuls qd cup and deciding i didn’t like it after. ymmv. good luck. 

Yes. I run my sling over my right shoulder (against my neck) and then under my left arm pit so the butt of the stock is against my right shoulder and muzzle towards my left foot. My concern was that it states it’s “angled” and if I bought a right and wanted a left or visa versa…

I was going to go with a flush mount in the stock but didn’t want to drill a hole.

Huh. Ya I don’t know what to tell ya. I never noticed that when I got mine a couple years ago. I don’t remember if there was an option to get left side or right side. As far as I recollect I got one of the remaining Noveske versions fft had for sale. I never installed mine to have the qd slot in the left side but I don’t think it mattered. Must be something FFT did to this new FFT version they’re selling now. I hope whichever u chose it all works out for you. Lots of luck.