Scalarworks Sync mount with Trijicon RCR

John Doe

Hey guys,

Question. So, I have been talking with the guys at Scalarworks and Trijicon trying to figure something out. I want to get the RMR Sync mount and use the Trijicon RCR for it on my Benelli M4. Now it is my understanding that the footprint for the RCR is the same as the Type 2 and Tijicon did confirm this, but when talking with Jimmie at Scalarworks they have some concerns for the compatibility, such as the screw length and the mounting holes with those new capstan screws that Triicon is using for the RCR. 

Trijicon told me that the RCR "should" be able to work and mount with no issues and Scalarworks says they simply do not know yet because they have not received one from Trijicon yet to test and evaluate. Trijicon did say that the co-witness of the RCR may be an issue and might not be able to, but they were not sure about that either. 

So after talking with both companies neither of them is completely sure of the full compatibility of the RCR with the Sync mount or if they will be able to keep all the features such as co-witnessing and that's fine, I am glad they were honest about not knowing instead of just trying to push the sale. Now my question to you fine folks. Does anyone here have any experience with the RCR mounting on the sync mount? Has anyone here seen anyone do it yet? I'm pretty set on that exact setup. I have and might consider some other types of setups for optics, but I really want to do it that way, but I don't want to drop all the cash and then it doesn't work, and have to go through the return process. Any info or guidance would be much-appreciated guys, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I have barely seen any RCR's or RMR HD's in the wild yet on pistols, and the Benelli M4 platform is pretty niche, mounting micro dots on Scalarworks mounts is even more niche. I'd buy from a company that has a good return policy, and place it on the mount carefully without mounting so you can decide whether you want to keep or return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m4prime said:

I have barely seen any RCR's or RMR HD's in the wild yet on pistols, and the Benelli M4 platform is pretty niche, mounting micro dots on Scalarworks mounts is even more niche. I'd buy from a company that has a good return policy, and place it on the mount carefully without mounting so you can decide whether you want to keep or return.

Yeah, I have been doing a lot of research on it and it doesn't seem like it will work. Also been digging everywhere for an RCR and can't find one of those either, at least not one for a reasonable price. So, I am probably going to just get the Scalarworks bundle Aimpoint T2 and call it good, that is until Scalarworks makes an RCR mount and RCRs become more readily available.