Benelli M4 Stock Handguard Light + Sling Mount Options

m4prime

Hey all. Well, as we all know, IWC isn't producing or selling their scout light mount, which was the single best solution for mounting a light and sling with the stock handguards.

I've tried a few MLok rails like @StrangerDanger has. Midwest, the Mesa Truckee, and the Briley.

None of them worked for me. I hate the set screw setup which requires tools to remove, and I could never get the Midwest rail (my favorite of the bunch) to be able to be removed from the barrel without removing all the MLok accessories first.

All I want is a damn push button flash light mount with a QD or even a clip on or pull through sling attachment still present.

I've looked at some of the offerings from GG&G, and they all seem to be a bit mediocre. When you go on Optics Planet and look at reviews, everyone complains of very loose fitment and rattling.

They also are not ambi, which is a problem for me as I'm left handed and can't have the sling mounted on the right side and the push button actuation on the left side.

I really need something that will let me mount a sling properly set up for a left handed shooter, and would really like a WML solution that lets me mount a proper full bodied weapon light rather than a pistol type light with a pic rail setup, although I'd settle for that at this point.

Are there any other options out there, or any creative ways around the issue?

Has anyone heard anything from IWC or IWC distributors about the Scout Mount being stocked? I've contacted some distributors to see if they had heard anything from IWC, MountsPlus and never heard anything back, FFT said unknown basically.

Thanks in advance.

RXArms is developing a heat shield that doubles as a MLOK mounting position that will permit the user to push a light mount out while still using the oem handguards. Currently they’ve hit a production delay the last I read. 

I believe the user must use their top rail mounting solution which acts as a rear boss for the heat shield. So it is kind of involved and expensive in comparison to the IWC mounting solution. It does have the potential of being a better system since the user can move the light farther forward to minimize barrel shadow issues. I still need to see in person how the remote switch integrates. Or if I’d have to modify the oem handguard for the activation system from something like the Unity Tactical HotButton. 

I still tolerate the Mesa Truckee on my setup with an IR head, but as you mentioned, it sucks. 

The reviews of the GG&G rail mount are accurate, it does have some play once installed.  It also bends easliy which is why I traded up to the IWC mount, didn't realize they stopped making them.

If you're looking for a simple setup, there's the CDM ROC-12S that may work for you.  It's a clamp mount that uses a pic rail one side and a QD sling mount on the other.  I had one on my 870 for awhile until I switched to the magpul forend.  The only down side is it eliminates tool-less takedown of the M4, which is why I never used it on mine.  You can get one for about $40 on amazon.

Just out of curiosity, what happened with IWC?

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The reviews of the GG&G rail mount are accurate, it does have some play once installed.  It also bends easliy which is why I traded up to the IWC mount, didn't realize they stopped making them.

If you're looking for a simple setup, there's the CDM ROC-12S that may work for you.  It's a clamp mount that uses a pic rail one side and a QD sling mount on the other.  I had one on my 870 for awhile until I switched to the magpul forend.  The only down side is it eliminates tool-less takedown of the M4, which is why I never used it on mine.  You can get one for about $40 on amazon.

Earl their CEO died a while ago and the company hasn’t gone back to standard operations since. Unclear still if and when they will. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2024 at 10:26 AM, Nitro said:

One of the emails I received from one of their distributors:

The owner died in Feb.  Going through probate.  His stepson joined this past fall so I'm hoping he gets things moving.  That's what we know. 

• Like 2