recoil spacer? POOR Quality

BIGBIRDDOGINIDAHO

I just bought a NEW NOVA pump and am now installing a recoil reducer but the package does not come with a spacer only the mounting kit and screws. Any idea where to get a spacer? Also with this NEW Nova Pump ALL the chokes were too long to for the gun and did not seat properly, I had to have them machined and it was evident that it was just a problem of QA. The chokes had been machined but the had not been cut to the proper length. It is a little sad to spend this much on a gun that is touted as "expensive but worth the price" and have two big issues right out of the box.

It's strange that you have those problrms. I just bought a Nova to use as a second shotgun with a bunch of extra Carlson's chokes and they fit fine. Be sure you got the right Benelli chokes, because if it remember correctly, the crio chokes that fit the SBE don't fit in the Nova. If the chokes you bought were correct, I'd contact Benelli for a solution.

Also, the spacer should have been inside the bracket mount, assuming you bought a new, factory-sealed mounting bracket. Use a piece of thick-walled garden hose, or go to the auto parts store and get a section of hose to make your own.

Overall, I'd say the Nova is a pretty good all around pump shotgun for the money, I'm happy with mine. :D

Originally posted by BIGBIRDDOGINIDAHO:

I just bought a NEW NOVA pump and am now installing a recoil reducer but the package does not come with a spacer only the mounting kit and screws. Any idea where to get a spacer? Also with this NEW Nova Pump ALL the chokes were too long to for the gun and did not seat properly, I had to have them machined and it was evident that it was just a problem of QA. The chokes had been machined but the had not been cut to the proper length. It is a little sad to spend this much on a gun that is touted as "expensive but worth the price" and have two big issues right out of the box.