Help me decide

Bottleneck1

I have hunted Iowa for many years.

My SBE slug gets passed around the group due to it's inherent accuracy.

I shot a walking buck, free-hand, at 97 yards last season, he dropped and never moved.

The key is to find the ammo it likes. Right now, my SBE prefers Winchester Plat Tips, with Part Golds a close second.

I did not draw a tag this year, but my SBE is going without me :(

I'm sure the M2 slug or SBE II slug would be a great choice, so would a NIB or used SBE I slug or M1 slug.

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by mudhen:

I have hunted Iowa for many years.

My SBE slug gets passed around the group due to it's inherent accuracy.

I shot a walking buck, free-hand, at 97 yards last season, he dropped and never moved.

The key is to find the ammo it likes. Right now, my SBE prefers Winchester Plat Tips, with Part Golds a close second.

I did not draw a tag this year, but my SBE is going without me :(

I'm sure the M2 slug or SBE II slug would be a great choice, so would a NIB or used SBE I slug or M1 slug.

mudhen - CA

Thanks Mudhen-I will be buying a SBE this week! All I needed was a testemonial. I was able to draw this year and as always look forward to hunting in Iowa. I have killed bucks every year with my Beretta w/Hastings but have to pick my shots. Good luck to you this year!

Robert from Georgia

Good enough smile.gif

Buying the slug version makes sense, you can get a spare reg barrel on Ebay or from a Benelli dealer and that slug forearm will fit fine, a little loose, but it works fine.

Kill a big 'un this season, I should be back in 2006, with the new preference point system it would seem that I should get a tag every other year or something like that.

The Albia buck really made it tough for a southern Iowa tag draw - we hear tale of a larger toad in Zone 4.....

mudhen - CA