changing shims

benddg

I did some changes in my shims on the SBE II. Somehow I can't find the manual for my gun, so I have a question. Iwas trying to get some drop and cast. From the feel of the changes I think I'll like the change. When I took the gun apart it had 2 plastic shims between the stock and the reciever. One marked B the other DX (I think) it fit over the B shim. I used the DX and the C shim and the other metal spacer that I think will give me the cast I want also looks like the way you install the metal spacer would give different drop and cast. Without the manual I just kinda looked at the shim and questomated. Looks like I got more cast and drop. Is there any reason this combo of shims and spacers shouldn't be used. I wander if there are combo's of shims and spacers that wouldn't or shouldn't be used. Anyone with knowledge or a manual to look at, I would like to hear if what I did is supposed give more cast and drop.

Originally posted by benddg:

I did some changes in my shims on the SBE II. Somehow I can't find the manual for my gun, so I have a question. Iwas trying to get some drop and cast. From the feel of the changes I think I'll like the change. When I took the gun apart it had 2 plastic shims between the stock and the reciever. One marked B the other DX (I think) it fit over the B shim. I used the DX and the C shim and the other metal spacer that I think will give me the cast I want also looks like the way you install the metal spacer would give different drop and cast. Without the manual I just kinda looked at the shim and questomated. Looks like I got more cast and drop. Is there any reason this combo of shims and spacers shouldn't be used. I wander if there are combo's of shims and spacers that wouldn't or shouldn't be used. Anyone with knowledge or a manual to look at, I would like to hear if what I did is supposed give more cast and drop.

Originally posted by benddg:

Just read the manuel again. Your not supossed tw use 2 shims at one time. B shim will give you the straighter stock angle Like for trap. D shim will give you the most drop. The coresponding metal plate goes in the stock under the nutand only goes in one way. Do NOT overtighted the nut. I don't think you will find much cast difference.