sbeII

MSMARSHMAN

Yes, a scope can be mounted.

I can't see your gun, so it's hard to tell from here whether or not the receiver is already drilled and tapped for mounts.

If it is drilled and tapped, use Weaver #93 or similar bases and whatever style of rings you prefer.

If it is not already drilled and tapped, a gunsmith can do that for you.

You should ask him to use the Weaver #93 pattern as this is the standard for Benellis, and it will lessen confusion for some future owner of the gun.

Yes, you can shoot slugs.

Use the Imp. Cylinder choke and slugs designed for smoothbore firearms, like Federal Tru Ball.

For a NY slug gun, I'd suggest no more than a 4X fixed power scope, but a red dot may be something to consider as well.

Quality optics are made by companies like Leupold, Burris, & Zeiss, among others.

Junk is made by Tasco, Simmons, the cheaper Bushnels, BSA, and Millett.

Look through a Cableas catalogue or online at cableas.com.

Also, http://www.swfa.com/ is a great place to see all kinds of optics.

You can also search these forums for terms like slugs, scope, and mounts and find a wealth of information.

I hope this information serves you well and please feel free to ask follow-up questions.

Yes, you can.

I'd forgotten that the SBEII ships with a cylinder choke.

You could also use an aftermarket rifled choke tube and slugs designed for rifled barrels with that.

Were you able to determine whether or not your receiver is drilled and tapped?

There may be hard rubber plugs in the holes.

They can be removed by pushing them out from the inside.

Originally posted by tucker301:

Yes, you can.

I'd forgotten that the SBEII ships with a cylinder choke.

You could also use an aftermarket rifled choke tube and slugs designed for rifled barrels with that.

Were you able to determine whether or not your receiver is drilled and tapped?

There may be hard rubber plugs in the holes.

They can be removed by pushing them out from the inside.

when i get home tonight ill look to see if there drilled out, in the mean time thank u very much.new topic maybe u would know, i was recently interested in a new franchi 20ga. auto which i saw online.the price was great msrp was 1000.00 .world class. i went to a w.c.dealer by the way the gun was the fenice.and he said he wasnt ordering any of those,i said for that kind of money which i thoght was a great price why not. he told me that the stock and fore arm where not real wood that it was called (more wood) .looks like a grade 2 walnut but he said his clients would not buy it in this area. have u ever heard of this?

Originally posted by MSMARSHMAN:

when i get home tonight ill look to see if there drilled out, in the mean time thank u very much.new topic maybe u would know, i was recently interested in a new franchi 20ga. auto which i saw online.the price was great msrp was 1000.00 .world class. i went to a w.c.dealer by the way the gun was the fenice.and he said he wasnt ordering any of those,i said for that kind of money which i thoght was a great price why not. he told me that the stock and fore arm where not real wood that it was called (more wood) .looks like a grade 2 walnut but he said his clients would not buy it in this area. have u ever heard of this?