Benelli parts interchangeable?

Dances with turkeys

I have posted on the Stoeger forum seeking to find out if the Benelli Steadi-grip will also fit on the Stoeger 2000, but so far nobody seems to know. I was told the model 2000 is a "copy" of the Benelli M1, which leads me to believe the parts would be interchangeable. Since I have never seen both guns side by side, I have no idea if the rumours are true. I read where the Stoeger 2000 is the only gun licensed to use the patented Benelli recoil ejection and I also read where the Stoeger 2000 barrell is made by Benelli and sent to the Stoeger factory for assembly, this leads me to believe the Steadi-grip just might fit the 2000. Any facts on this would be appreciated.

The Benelli inertia-recoil recoil system is licensed by Stoeger for use in the model 2000. The cycling action of the two are very similar but the design and fabrication are very much different. The Benelli recoil spring is located in the buttstock, whereas the model 2000's is on the magazine tube. The buttstock is attached to the model 2000 with a traditional stock bolt......and for this reason, the Comfort-Tech stock will not work.

Some parts of the two guns are similar in appearance but they should never be interchanged.

Customer Service Manager

Benelli USA

Thanks for the reply! While some of the information you provided was very helpful, I still have a question about the " Steadi-Grip " stock (the one with the pistol-grip below the drop). Form the info you provided I now understand the Benelli " Comfort Tech " will not interchange with the model 2000, what about the " Steadi-Grip " used for turkey hunting? :confused:

Unfortunately you will encounter the same roadblock to mounting a Benelli Steady-Grip stock on a Stoeger 2000. Benellis have a tube attached to the rear of the receiver. This tube contains the recoil assembly. The end of the tube has has a threaded post extending out which accepts the stock mounting nut. The Stoeger 2000 has no such tube as the reoil spring is wound around the magazine tube. The stock of the 2000 is mounted by the use of a long bolt that screws into the receiver. It's pretty much a male vs. female situation.

Customer Service Manager

Benelli USA