Problem when reassembling M1 S90

James Cook

Hi folks.

Tonight has not been my night. I found a leak under my bathroom sink which has caused some wood damage, and I put my M1 back together wrong after cleaning it (too many distractions). Now I need some help figuring out how to fix it.

I finsihed cleaning, and began putting it back together. I inserted the trigger assembly and put in the pin. Then I slid the bolt in, and inserted the bolt handle. Without thinking, I pulled the bolt back, and it locked into the open position. That is the problem. It is now stuck open. The button which allows it to close will not move no matter how hard I press it. Putting the barrel back in position has no effect, and the shell carrier lever doesn't work either. It seems like such a simple mistake, but I cannot figure out what is wrong. Any info or assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Sounds simple. Remove the trigger assembly from the receiver. This will free the bolt. When reinstalling the trigger assembly make sure you have the bolt release button pressed in all the way as you intall the assembly into the receiver. Also hold it there while you insert the trigger pin. What you've done is haste was to jam the carrier of the trig assy into the bolt release. It must be held out of the way while inserting it.

Originally posted by wallhanger54:

Sounds simple. Remove the trigger assembly from the receiver. This will free the bolt. When reinstalling the trigger assembly make sure you have the bolt release button pressed in all the way as you intall the assembly into the receiver. Also hold it there while you insert the trigger pin. What you've done is haste was to jam the carrier of the trig assy into the bolt release. It must be held out of the way while inserting it.

Thank you, sir. That was the problem, and it took about 30 seconds to fix. I knew it had to be something simple, but didn't know what.

James