Is this normal?

dooderman

Hey guys, dumb question but have to ask.

Got a new Supersport w/ comfortech w/ 30 inch barrel. LOVE this gun. This is just a plain awesome gun. Cannot hit the broad side of a barn but so much fun. Wife shoots her new Montefeltro 20g better than I can at the trap range. I am proud to say she is better than me.

ANYWAY, got 300 rounds through my gun. Started out with 2 boxes of Heavy load, Federal Gold 1 1/4 oz, 3 dram, 3 inch #6 shot at 1550fps. These were screamers and kicked pretty good but that is what I could find to "break it in" I wish the manual would say exactly what size shell to use when then they say to run 3-4 boxes of heavy loads through the gun. Since it doesn't say I just went for the biggest I could find locally.

Ok, since then I have been shooting regular Federal 1 1/8 oz, 2.97 dram, 2 3/4 inch #8 shot at 1200fps.

Cycling is excellent and all that so no problems there. The question is that I have some nicks on the receiver where the spent shell gets ejected. I am sure this is normal, right? If this is normal cool, no issues. Could these nicks cause shells to hang up when I start using the lower 1 oz or 7/8's loads in competition. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks and sorry for such a dumb question and the rambling, I never owned a Semi-auto before.

CR

Hey guys, dumb question but have to ask.

Got a new Supersport w/ comfortech w/ 30 inch barrel. LOVE this gun. This is just a plain awesome gun. Cannot hit the broad side of a barn but so much fun. Wife shoots her new Montefeltro 20g better than I can at the trap range. I am proud to say she is better than me.

ANYWAY, got 300 rounds through my gun. Started out with 2 boxes of Heavy load, Federal Gold 1 1/4 oz, 3 dram, 3 inch #6 shot at 1550fps. These were screamers and kicked pretty good but that is what I could find to "break it in" I wish the manual would say exactly what size shell to use when then they say to run 3-4 boxes of heavy loads through the gun. Since it doesn't say I just went for the biggest I could find locally.

Ok, since then I have been shooting regular Federal 1 1/8 oz, 2.97 dram, 2 3/4 inch #8 shot at 1200fps.

Cycling is excellent and all that so no problems there. The question is that I have some nicks on the receiver where the spent shell gets ejected. I am sure this is normal, right? If this is normal cool, no issues. Could these nicks cause shells to hang up when I start using the lower 1 oz or 7/8's loads in competition. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks and sorry for such a dumb question and the rambling, I never owned a Semi-auto before.

CR

Hey as far as letting your better half kick it on the range might be a good thing in many ways but you have a drop change kit that came with your gun that will change this as long as you get your practise in and attempt to hit the litlle round things! Most guns need adjustment on the stock and it's called fitting the gun to your body or something like that! Really not hard to do just follow instructions in manual and the ya have to pattern it on a pattern board out no further than 40 yds and see where your POA vs were you are actually hitting pattern board, ya should use a 36" square cardboard/paper or which is the cheapest and pattern your expensive shotgun so you can smoke everyone on the range. Then adjust per manual and you will be getting better scores than ya used to get, also that lame sight that comes on the SBEII would be the first adjustment as in taking it OFF and putting one on that ya can see as in a HI-Viz Flouresent yellow or red they are cheap and easy to put on but do this before ya pattern cause if ya do it after ya did nothing but waste that first pattern session!