usda raids hunting preserve

esbee

http://nonais.org/index.php/2006/09/29/henshaw-incident/

I am not a hunter but realize the great heritage behind hunting. I wanted to pass this story of an incident that is still going on in VA about a hunting preserve still under siege since Sept when at 5 am the USDA sent in goons to arrest the owner, hold the wife hostage while the mass killing of the imported hunting stock began under the false reason that they were diseased. No testing was offered, not proof of disease given, owners were not allowed to test. The local sheriff was not informed of this debacle. The goons killed even the pet pigs that had not come in contact with supposed diseased animals. The sheep were also killed. Trash and human waste were left all over the place. Blood was also all over the place, a sure way to spread this disease has the pigs really had it....

The fact that baby pigs were running around was a sign those pigs were not sick,

After the indiscriminate killing, the owners were given a bill for the “services” rendered. The USDA is still on the property. Two other hunting preserves were also hit that day.

And why are you posting this political drivel here?

I researched the case, and it appears to me that the USDA acted within the law.

These people were operating an illegal preserve (mammalian preserves are illegal in VA). Virginia law prevents the operation of such preserves in order to preserve the integrity of indiginous species and to guard against the introduction of exotic diseases into livestock and wild populations.

Having moved their operation from one county to the next and not obtaining the proper permits, the owners violated the law.

Whether they were aware of the violations or not is up for debate, but it is a moot point.

If I drive 90 mph down the Interstate, I can't claim that I didn't law stated the limit was 65.

Could argue the point all day, but this is not the place.

Take it elsewhere.

And why are you posting this political drivel here?

I researched the case, and it appears to me that the USDA acted within the law.

These people were operating an illegal preserve (mammalian preserves are illegal in VA). Virginia law prevents the operation of such preserves in order to preserve the integrity of indiginous species and to guard against the introduction of exotic diseases into livestock and wild populations.

Having moved their operation from one county to the next and not obtaining the proper permits, the owners violated the law.

Whether they were aware of the violations or not is up for debate, but it is a moot point.

If I drive 90 mph down the Interstate, I can't claim that I didn't law stated the limit was 65.

Could argue the point all day, but this is not the place.

Take it elsewhere.

you go Tuck!