Supernova Tactical or Supernova

esoterra

Greetings,

I was thinking of buying the Supernova Tactical.

Can I also use the Supernova's 24" rifled barrel, the 24" rifled slug barrel & the 24" - 26" - 28" vented field barrel on the Supernova Tactical or do I need to buy the plain Supernova.

Is it basically the same gun? This is my first shotgun purchase and I just want something that is flexible.

Thanks, Sean

I have a Nova and a Super Nova tactical. And yes you can use all the same barrels. The only problem is if you get the SNT with the ghost rings it will not match up with the sight bead on the barrel. A solution to that would be a scope if it is a rifled barrel or a red dot or holosight for the others. I have the cantilever on my slug barrel with a scope mounted on it. I use a BSA holosight but will soon be replacing it with another EOTech like I have on my SNT. Here is a few pics of both. If you have any other questions let me know.CIMG0150Smalldfa.jpgCIMG0144Small.jpg

Yes you can take off the ghost ring sight but then you will have the holes to worry about. I guess you could put the screws back in but they might go in to far without the sight in place and cause a problem. If you put on an EOTech it will be higher than the ghost sight. I called Benelli about some plugs for the holes and they have nothing. The barrel on my Nova is a 26".

They sale the SNT with or without the ghost ring sight. The one without has a rifle type sight but it does not have the pistol grip. Once you add a rail to mount your scope or holosight the ghost ring will still be usable as long as the scope or sight is off. I use a holosight to hunt with so I don't need the factory sights. Plus I looked all over and can't find the pistol grips for sale. Here is a closer pic of the sight with the EOTech mounted.CIMG0157Medium.jpg