M4 Choke questions

OCRancher

I have never, ever shot slugs. For an M4, what slugs shell makers are recommended, and what do I do about the factory choke? (mine was one of the ones that came with only one)

I have shot 00-00 steel buck with no problem in this configuration, BTW.

Any help is appreciated.

I have never, ever shot slugs. For an M4, what slugs shell makers are recommended, and what do I do about the factory choke? (mine was one of the ones that came with only one)

I have shot 00-00 steel buck with no problem in this configuration, BTW.

Any help is appreciated.

Try a IC for foster type slugs. Sometimes the CYL chks will work too. More often than not a IC or LT MOD or a MOD will work. Try em all. The best would probably be a rifled choke tube from briley in houston ( I haven't tried this though) A slug has to to be constricted slightly for the built in "rifling" to get the slug spinning, but you don't want to squeeze the slug too much, or the slug will get deformed enough to give you a flyer. One of my guns will give good groups 5-6 inches with any choke up to mod. and the other gun isn't worth a sh*t with slugs. Go figure. Maybe I havn't found the right brand or weight, yet. I think I'll try the rifled choke tube with that gun and see what I can do. I've heard great things about the Fed. TruBall slugs. Good luck.