nova bolt open after firing?

nitrorusty

First shotgun?

A pump action shotgun unlocks the bolt after firing so that the action can be cycled to load another round.

The bolt is probably opening more because you are unwittingly allowing the recoil to move the receiver assembly rearward while keeping a firm grip on the forearm.

Lean into it a bit more and tighten your grip on the stock's pistol grip.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed the same thing. After firing the bolt is actually open. It makes quick loading difficult unless you hold it shut or load the chamber and close it. Then it is locked shut so loading is easy. When i was buying it, the sales person showed me this and commented how smooth the action was. Now that i am shooting 3 gun with it, it is annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a hole located on the forearm half way down on the top towards the barrel. An allen wrench fits in there. It is to adjust the tightness of the forearm. Some like them loose. Some like them tighter. Tightening it up may help you. I have a 20ga NOVA and love it. Built like a brick S--t house.