Double duty M1?

FLAWaterfowler

Considering the new very accurate and hard hitting 20ga slugs out there..Ive been considering an M1 -- but it would have to do double duty as a bird gun / slug gun...

Couple of questions...

Are all M1s drilled/tapped for scope mounts, or is it just on the slug gun model...

If I added a slug barrel to a standard M1 (or vise versa...a 26" barrel to the slug model) do I need to change the forestock? Ive heard that they may need to be swapped out...

Anyone use an M1 as a slug gun? A double duty gun?

I just changed out my M1 super 90s barrel to a 26" and didn't have to change my forestock, I use it for action shoots and plan to use it Chukar hunting, I bought a standard mag from Brownells and just put it on tonight, it looks good, they use to ask me at the trap club when I was leaving if I was going to rob a seven eleven on the way home, I now have a short barrel, a 26" and a 28" barrel, I can put my 7 round or my standard mag in minutes, the parts were pricey but I am happy with the gun.