Super Nova Scope Mount

djaburg

I've read through this entire forum and I'm just a bit confused on mounting a scope. I've seen the B-Square Nova mount, but when I asked the folks at B-Square they weren't able to give me a firm answer on whether this mount will work with the Super Nova or not. I certainly don't want to waste money. I'm also reading about getting a scope rail mounted and it seems as if I would need to take it to a gunsmith to have that done since I don't see any pre-existing holes for that.

Am I understanding this all correctly or am I missing something?

Ultimately I'd like to use my shotgun for a variety of purposes including Turkey hunting. I've used it for Dove, Quail, Pheasant, and Turkey, but would like the option of installing a red dot during turkey time. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Yes it will work. I had one on one of my Super Nova's. If your Super Nova is not drilled and tapped I would go with the B Square. I was going to get mine drilled and tapped but none of the gunsmiths around here would do it. So when I bought me another SN I got one that was D&T and use the one that is not as my slug gun b/c the barrel has the cantilever on it.

I don't know what the problem is but it would seem that Benelli don't sell their own mounting rail in the US. It IS listed in the SN manual (US version). I tried ordering one through the new UK distributor and they didn't want to bother for such a small part. However, I contacted the factory directly and I am now expecting a Benelli 'scope rail to arrive at my local dealer's in the next week or so.

I'll have to have the action drilled and tapped and I intend to fit an Eotech sight as my SN is primarily intended to be used with slugs. I will post piccys as and when ...

Cheers

AndyUK

Since I've not seen the installation instructions for the B-Square unit, how difficult is it to install? I'm assuming they've made it user installable without help of any gunsmith. I was kinda hoping that the B-Square unit was going to do the trick since I think for normal birding it would be hard to use the sights with the base installed, or am I wrong?

I think you'll find that B-Square currently only manufacture a saddle mount to fit the Nova, NOT the Super Nova. The system advertised by Mesa-tactical might be worth looking at, although I have absolutely no experience of their products with regard to quality or functionality, I'm sure that others will be well able to comment from personal experience.

Regards

AndyUK