Hello the Benelli Community,
I want to thank everyone for the help and feedback on different product and suggestions. I did not realize when I bought the Benelli M2 tactical shotgun model 11029 that it would need 10 additional items that cost approximately $600 plus. I wanted to share the learnings from others to help anyone that has struggled like I did to try and make sure they purchase the correct supportive accessories. As I have learned and others have shared it does come down to personal preference, budget, and experience. However, as one wise person shared with me and everyone that has bought a Benelli would agree save a little longer and buy the best quality. No one ever has a problem with buying quality.
Accessories purchased and options available
Oversized bolt release- Two options- Taran tactical Innovations $25.00 plus $10.00 shipping or
GG&G, Inc. Bolt Release Pad, Tactical, Fits Benelli, Black GGG-1030
( 233278602473 ) The reason I went with this selection was the feedback from other buyers. Easy to install (i.e. does not require special tools like a 5/40 tap or #38 drill. It does cost $118 plus tax on ebay. Having this expanded bolt release is a great thing to purchase. I do think Benelli should make this the default for all guns.
2. Match Saver- You can buy the branded match saverz for $24.95 plus shipping and may be tax or
RCI-XRAIL XTRA SHELL CADDY, Shotgun, Shell, extra round, Black, match saver
( 153769432455 ) for 20.15 including shipping and tax. This comes with two screws vs. one screw and velcro with the match saverz. Personal choice, I like something that will never move if I am saving my match or life.
3. The Case- My NIB (new in box) means it did not come with a case. So I bought one used. I know you can buy a gun case and I did as you will see later but I wanted to have something to put the spare parts so i do not lose things. It cost $45 including shipping, tax, etc. for piece of mind and to help with organizing things.
✘✘ Benelli OEM Shotgun hard case Made in ITALY ツ w/Free ShpN
( 184488324945 )
4. Taller stock cushion- May be most people can use the standard 1 inch stock cushion that comes with the gun. However, in order for me to be 1 1/2 inches away from my thumb on the stock from my eye, I needed to buy the 1.375 inch cushion. I plan on selling the 1 inch cushion that is brand new on ebay for the same price of $99, so net net I will break even and have the right size fitting for me.
Benelli ComforTech Gel Recoil Pad Right Hand 14-7/8" Length of Pull Black
5. A new buffer spring. Now I realize the buffer spring will last a long time. However, based on the feedback from others that have shot the gun and comments on the M2 has challenges with the light loads I purchased this item to eliminate this problem. Again, may not be needed but eventually you will need a replacement spring so why not buy one that will handle all loads.
TTI Benelli Ultimate Reduced-Power Buffer Spring
6. The purchase of a sling swivel- I replaced the extension tube and therefore needed this part. I believe in trying to implement what the gun manufacture intended where ever possible. So this gun was meant to have the sling run from front of the muzzle tube to the little hole in the synthetic stock (ie. purchased a trilock 1 1/4 inch swivel lock for the stock to attach the sling).
American Express ($23.16)
Benelli Sling Swivel
Raiseek Pack of 2 Sling Swivel, Quick Detachable Swivel with Tri-Lock System 1.25"
Sold by: Raiseek
Return eligible through Jan 31, 2021
7. Sling- This was a very hard decision. It came down to the Magpul padded sling which has excellent reviews on Amazon and other users or the Vickers padded sling. I am not sure you can go wrong with either product. I am still thinking about adding the quick release to the front of the sling. We will see.
Blue Force Gear BLFVCAS-200-OA-BK Vickers 2-Point Padded Combat Sling, Black
Sold by: Certified Dealer
8. The Benelli M2 with ghost rings and front site are meant to have an RMR. I had previously purchased the Trijicon RMR 1MOA. The reason for the 1MOA was simple. Aim small miss small and as some other person suggested you can brighten the RMR to make the 1MOA larger which is very true. I am sure some with think differently but the sight picture with the RMO red dot with the Benelli sites in pretty nice. This is why you need to buy the mount below. It fits great. All of the other positive reviews are true. Great product and fit.
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1
39N-RMT-SRMR-SW1100 Scalarworks Trijicon SYNC/RMR Mounts for Benelli Shotgun Type, 15.2g, Black, SW1100 $111.99
9. You need a light. I have a Surefire and I like it. But I will admit, I also have two other manufactures. Including the one I bought. All of the lights are pretty good. I just liked the way this product worked with my pistol so I bought it for the shotgun.
Streamlight High Lumen Rail Mounted Tactical Light, Black, Light Only w/Long Gun Kit
Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
10. One of the best purchases was the extended tube that allows the gun to be a 7+1 with having the extension tube only 1 inch past the gun barrel. LSX is a great manufacture and has very good feedback. I also bought separately the LSX clamp with Picatinny rails on both sides for future flexibility ($37).
Lancer LSX Carbon Fiber Shotgun 12ga Extension Tube +4 Benelli M1 M2 SBE
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1
7UD-WS-LSX-CP-NR-2 Lancer Shotgun Extension Clamp Picatinny Rail Both Sides $37.89
11. Well this item may not be needed. However, I like keeping things neat and protected and easy to find. So these socks provide the protection and you can easily remove when the gun is needed. I thought of these more when transporting the gun and at the range than anything else.
Arcturus 47" Silicone-Treated Gun Socks - Extra-Wide Rifle Socks Fit Scopes, Pistol Grips and Tactical Accessories (Gray 2-Pack)
12. A shotgun bag. This bag has it all and was highly rated. We will see how it works...but it did come with the ability to transport 3 rifles, ammo, has a shooting mat, etc. I can say the stitching is well done and it weighs something. So far so good with the bag.
Target 3 Rifle Case, 52" Length Long Paded Sniper Scoped Tactical Hunting Carrying Range Gun Bag with Shooting Mat, Adjustable Backpack Strap, Pistal and Magazine Pouchs, Black
Sold by: EXPLORER TACTICAL BAG
13. Shims. I needed to drop the stock by 65MM so I purchased these benelli shims. This was a great tip shared to lower the stock so that my head immediately sets on the stock looking down the site. This saves a few seconds and ensures a consistent sight picture. The gun comes with A, B, C, and Z shims. Unfortunately, I needed to drop it 5mm lower so I bought the D shim.
SBE II,M2,Sport II,SuperNova,SuperSport,Cordoba & Legacy Drop Shim
Well, I hope this list helps others to think of items to help support their home defense. Again, I cannot thank all of the people that provided feedback and advice both in reviews, comments back to me, and with talking with me as well. It was quite an education. I did learn little things, like putting the light on your strong shooting side to avoid tripping over it when walking. Putting the sling down the middle or on the off side, opposite the light. keeping the tube extension within one inch of the shooting barrel to make it functional for moving in a house yet providing the maximum firepower. Again, please keep the comments and suggestions coming. This is how we learn from others experiences to help make us all safer. Please send any product accessory suggestion that I missed. Any product that works better for you. Any tips on how to fit the gun better, etc.