Aftermarket choke tubes

BoAndME

I just got a new M2 and was thinking of getting a choke tube for it. I have never bought an aftermarket choke before so I am looking for some advice. I want a tube for hunting ducks over decoys with shots that are all within 40 yards. Thanks for any advice!

I would first suggest you pattern the shells you plan to use with the factory tube, and if you don't get the desired results at the pattern board, then buy a aftermarket choke tube.

Some good choices are:

The Primos Dead Zone 2 pk, you get a decoy and a passing tube for about $60 shipped

I really like Trulocks, I have a complete set, but I rarely use anything beyond a IC or Skeet2, basically a decoy and passing tube.

Cabela's Steel and Hevi-Shot tubes are $30 a piece, they are made by Carlson's Choke Tubes for Cabela's, and they have them in several constrictions.

I have tried several steel loads in my M2's and SBE II's and they prefer the 1425-1450 fps loads of all the factory loads.

Good luck and enjoy, post plenty of pictures, and welcome to the forum!

I have already patterned my shotgun trying alot of different shells. The ones that patterend best for me were

Kent Fasteel 1 1/4 oz 3" #2 going 1425

Winchester Supreme 1 1/4 oz 3" #2 going 1450

Federal Premium Ultra-Shok 1 1/4 #2 going 1450

They all patterned pretty well. With the Federal being just a slight bit better than the others.

I guess my question is, is it really worth it to get aftermarket choke? Do they really make a substantial difference?