How can I choke a supernova tactical???

BLACK LION

I was told by a not so knowledgeable rep @ benelli the choke should just screw in to my smoothbore benelli SNT.... I received my hastings paradox sabot choke for the benelli and it doesnt even fit the bore let alone screw in...So now I can see that there is no choke to begin with in this particular barrel... I have the barrel with the front sight post and ghost ring rear....

Is there a way to install this choke....??? How can I choke this particular barrel....

You could contact one of the reputable choke tube installers and for a nominal fee, have the barrel fit for a choke.

That you could use the choke you ordered and have the bbl threaded for it, is something you would have to ask. Probably send the choke with the barrel. They will tell you if you can use that choke. Most seem to supply chokes with their installation job.

You might contact someone like MGW mid west gun works or some similar ... you can google up MGW. about the machining and installation.

There are a number of companies offering the service......just do a google search.

Paul

I was told by a not so knowledgeable rep @ benelli the choke should just screw in to my smoothbore benelli SNT.... I received my hastings paradox sabot choke for the benelli and it doesnt even fit the bore let alone screw in...So now I can see that there is no choke to begin with in this particular barrel... I have the barrel with the front sight post and ghost ring rear....

Is there a way to install this choke....??? How can I choke this particular barrel....

From what I gather, due to the lack of threads, the smoothbore barrel used for the SN tactical will not accept chokes.

If you feel the need to choke this smoothbore, try the following link: https://www.vangcomp.com/Home.html

I cant remember how much they charge for modifying a chrome-lined bore or if they even mess with such things anymore. They used to do it, but that was over a year ago.

In terms of the Sabot thing...why not just use rifled slugs instead and save yourself a bit of grief and expense? These are essentially designed to be shot out of a smoothbore. You could buy a rifled barrel, but that would cost you around $500 or so. Personally, as I mentioned before, I would just stick with rifled slugs and skip this other mess. From what I understand, with this particular shotty, rifled slugs will give great performance up to the 100 yard range...give or take. Certainly this is enough, no?

Edited by shotgunNoob